Deadline 11:45pm on 8 February 2018
This consultation from the Department for Work and Pensions seeks views on a new child maintenance compliance and arrears strategy.
This consultation is to inform the government’s new child maintenance compliance and arrears strategy, which they aim to publish in 2018.
The proposals in this consultation seek to strengthen the current Child Maintenance Service (CMS), which was introduced in 2012.
The proposals include:
- improvements to child maintenance calculations and new compliance measures
- stronger collection and enforcement measures
- a request for further ideas on collection and enforcement
- how to deal with the historic debt that accrued on Child Support Agency (CSA) cases
The consultation is open to:
- voluntary and community sector organisations
- clients of both the CSA and CMS schemes
- members of the general public