Deadline 17th May
Salary: Pro Rata £18k pa. Initially 28hrs per week over 4 days.
To support individuals in achieving their potential in respect of enterprise, employment and learning opportunities, and to help employers to recruit and retain local unemployed candidates.
To help to reduce the barriers into employment, self employment or training for local unemployed residents.
To work with partners to provide a high quality recruitment and matching service to help employers to recruit locally.
- To provide Information, Advice and Guidance (IAG), working in line with the Matrix Standard, to clients in order to assess and meet their needs.
- To agree actions and goals with the client and provide one to one support to achieve these.
- To support the delivery of a range of employability skills training using a discretionary training budget as appropriate.
- To provide support with the preparation of CVs, letters and application forms
- To identify and signpost clients to appropriate available opportunities to meet their needs as identified via IAG relating to enterprise, employment and training.
- To match clients against notified job opportunities and make appropriate arrangements for interview.
- To use alternative client assessment/engagement tools (eg simulators) with appropriate training.
- To provide ongoing mentoring support to the client pre and post employment.
- To maintain strong links with all elements of the project and delivery partners.
- To undertake appropriate administrative duties and keep records as directed by Line Manager, and in accordance with Data Protection principles.
Key Skills and Qualities
- Good customer service skills
- Experience/qualification in IAG
- Proven communication skills
- Experience of supporting people into work
- Experience of providing one to one support and mentoring across a range of ages.
- Self motivated and tenacious.
- Team player
- Ability to achieve targets
- Administrative experience
Applications by C/V and covering note to email@example.com – closing date for applications is Wednesday 17th May.