Deadline 18th October
The Europe for Citizens Programme funds schemes and activities in which citizens can participate to promote Europe’s shared history and values and foster a sense of ownership for how the Union develops. The Programme has an overall budget of €187,718,000 for the 2014-2020 period.
The specific objectives of the programme are as follows:
- To raise awareness of remembrance, common history and values and the Union’s aim that is to promote peace, its values and the well-being of its peoples by stimulating debate, reflection and development of networks.
- To encourage democratic and civic participation of citizens at Union level, by developing citizens’ understanding of the Union policymaking-process and promoting opportunities for societal and intercultural engagement and volunteering at Union level.
The 2018 calls for grants under the European remembrance and civil society strands are now open to applications from the following organisations:
- Non-profit organisations.
- Playing an active role in the field of European citizenship as defined in their articles of association or mission statement.
- Legally established and with legal personality for at least four years (at 1 November 2017) in an eligible country.
- Ensuring transnational activity links to several countries, reaching out to local and regional audience.
- Performing their activities in eligible countries (EU Member States, Albania, Bosnia & Herzegovina, former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia, Montenegro, and Serbia).