- This event has passed.
Practice Learning Workshop – 0-19 Programme
November 14 @ 9:15 am - 12:45 pm
A skills audit was undertaken across the Children’s Workforce and practitioners told us that they would value learning workshops which had a focus on working with families where any or all of the ‘Toxic Trio’ conditions are a factor, ie, Domestic Abuse; Parental Mental Ill Health; Parental Substance/Alcohol Misuse.
Further work on this subject matter has highlighted the importance of building relationships with families experiencing any/all of the Toxic Trio factors, using Signs of Safety and Restorative Practice as the foundation to achieve and sustain real change.
Attendance at the events will support the following learning outcomes:
- Gain an understanding that building a positive relationship with families will help to effect and sustain change.
- Provide insight into what practitioners do well in building relationships, and to consider what could be done differently in future.
- To understand the characteristics of a positive practitioner/client relationship and the impact this can cause.
- To understand ‘what works‘ and to consider different approaches that can result in positive outcomes.
- To raise awareness of the range of resources available to support work with families to achieve positive outcomes.
Each workshop is the same – and all will all be held in the Assembly Room, Grimsby Town Hall. The other following dates are available:
- Thursday 16th November 1.15pm – 4.45pm
- Thursday 23rd November 9.15am – 12.45pm
- Tuesday 28th November 1.15pm – 4.45pm
- Wednesday 29th November 9.15am – 12.45pm
- Thursday 30th November 1.15pm – 4.45pm
To book your place on this workshop email email@example.com.
(please note there will be an administrative charge of £30 for delegates from partner agencies. For 3 or more delegates across any of the workshops the charge is reduced to £10 per person). The deadline for booking is: Monday 9th October 2017