People who are visiting relatives and friends in hospital will have the chance to spend more time with their loved ones over the festive season.
From Christmas Eve, visiting times at Scunthorpe, Grimsby and Goole hospitals will be extended so that they run from 11am to 8pm.
Visiting will continue to be only two visitors per bed allowed at one time.
For those people visiting the hospitals on Christmas Day, they will also be able to park for free in the onsite car parks.
Tara Filby, chief nurse at Northern Lincolnshire and Goole NHS Foundation Trust, said: “We hope these changes will provide greater flexibility for family and friends over the festive period and enhance the patient experience for those who are unfortunately in hospital over the holiday season.”
These changes in visiting times will continue until Monday January 2.
Guidance for visitors to ward areas remains the same:
- Please keep the number of visitors to two at any one time to avoid disturbing other patients
- For infection control reasons, please do not sit on the bed
- Please do not visit if you have a current or recent illness, such as diarrhoea or vomiting
- Occasionally patients may benefit from a rest period or may require treatment during visiting times, and ward staff will inform visitors if this is the case
- Please always use the hand gel when entering and leaving the wards
Please note if you visit the ward during a protected mealtime, you may be asked to wait for a short time. Alternatively, patients may benefit from family or friends assisting them during meal times, so please speak with the ward staff if you wish to assist in this.