Just Act has become part of Crowdfunder and is offering £50,000 to community groups and organisations in England and Wales that need some financial assistance for their crowdfunding campaign.
Crowdfunder has taken over the day-to-day running of Just Act and as part of its move has created the Just Act Community Fund, which will distribute £50,000 to community projects across England and Wales.
The Community Fund will fund up to 50% of a Crowdfunder project target to a maximum of £1,000.
To be considered, projects must:
- Be located in England or Wales
- Benefit at least 20 people based in England or Wales.
- Clearly demonstrate it has a positive impact on the community
- Be led and/or delivered by volunteers.
- Be delivered by an organisation with an annual income of less than £50,000.
- Use the ‘All-or-Nothing’ funding option only.
- Start delivery of the community project activity by 31 December 2016.
- Have a total project value of less than £10,000
The conditions are as follows:
- Just Act will fund up to 50% of the Crowdfunder project target to a maximum of £1,000.
- Groups must achieve their total project target (at least 100%) to receive Just Act funds.
- Just Act will apply a Just Act pledge to the crowdfunding campaign once the applicant has achieved 25% of its funding target, which must have come from at least five unique backers (people who pledge on the project).
- Groups who subsequently fail to reach their project target will not receive Just Act funds.
The following projects are not eligible:
- Those run by individuals (only community groups/organisations are eligible).
- Trading or profit-making organisations (apart from social enterprises).
- General appeals from corporate or charitable entities.
- Furtherance or propagation of a faith by a religious organisation. (Religious organisations applying in relation to projects not directly promoting religion will be considered).
- Animal welfare.
- Political parties or campaign groups.
The funds are available on a first-come, first-served basis, and it is expected that there will be high demand for the funding. It is recommended that groups apply now.