Deadline 31st January 2018
They will be launching their annual community fund which has an allocation of £50,000 for grants to voluntary and community projects based in the Northern Powergrid operating areas. Grants are available from £1,000 to £10,000
The aim of the fund is to:
- Support local energy projects, to get off the ground. Including; energy generation and purchasing
- Alleviate hardship associated with fuel poverty and promoting innovative energy-related environmental impact, energy efficiency or carbon reduction
- Educating and informing communities about safety in relation to energy and street works
- Encouraging interest in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths) subjects and related career opportunities
- Promoting use of the Priority Services Register and additional support, a free service provided by suppliers and network operators to customers in need within communities
Applications will be open from December 2017 and end January 2018.
Click here for details of how to apply in advance of the 31 January 2018 deadline.
Prospective applicants are also encouraged to visit the Community Energy Hub for useful information about community energy which may help when developing their application. Northern Powergrid will announce which groups have been successful in securing funding in April 2018.