Deadline 31st January 2018
Briefing to tender for work : Evaluating and Reporting the Needs of the residents of Roos, Tunstall, Ostwick and Hilston
Roos Parish Council members are interested in finding out about local need. Need is the term used to describe a problem, an issue, or situation where something needs to change to make things better for a person, a group of people, an environment or organisations.
Roos Parish Council members would like to establish the needs of local residents in order to plan for future services and provision. Careful analysis of need is an important first step when planning. Evaluation of need will help the Council to decide how best to address the current and future challenges of the rural parish. It will also keep everyone involved focused on the priorities.
The organisation/individual undertaking the needs-assessment must consult and engage with as many residents and stakeholders as possible.
Key points checklist
The organisation undertaking the needs assessment must:
- Understand the local environment, demographics, industry and employment
- Understand relevant local and regional strategies/initiatives
- Understand and meet with local groups and key organisations
- Find out what is good about the area, what works well
- Find out about issues and problems
- Find out about opportunities and threats
- Gather evidence of need and the reasons for the need.
How will needs be assessed
- Attendance at 10 Community meetings, group and organisation meetings
- Request for feedback in Local newsletter
- Survey Monkey
- Paper-based questionnaire
- Undertake 5 Focus groups in locality areas.
A Final Report must be produced with recommendations.
The Roos Parish Council members would like a Final Needs Assessment Report within 5 months of the award of the contract. The award of the contract is likely to be May/June 2018.
Please contact the Parish Clerk, Barry Lee, tel 07706 849333, email email@example.com
Tenders for this work must be submitted by 5.00pm, 31 January 2018 to Barry Lee, Clerk to Roos Parish Council.
If successful, this project may lead to similar work opportunities.