Deadline 22nd May
Sport England is seeking applications from a range of organisations for projects which aim to reach those people within the core market (those who already build physical activity into their daily lives) who are outside the reach of sport’s national governing bodies.
Sport England expects to make individual awards of between £50,000 and £500,000. In exceptional circumstances, investments of up to £1 million may be made. Applicants may apply for less than £50,000 if they are confident that their project can make a significant, measurable contribution towards keeping active people active.
The new fund aims to:
- Keep active people active (the ‘core market’) – Regularly active people are an important audience. Sport England believe that the habits of active people enhances their quality of life, giving them confidence, improving their wellbeing and helping to connect them to other people.
- Focus on life changes - Changes in life are unavoidable, but what is important is that when circumstances change, people are supported to find the next opportunity that meets their new needs.
- Help support those who are more prone to drop out (under-represented groups) – Those who are in lower socio-economic groups, women, people with a limiting disability and people aged 55 and over are the most likely to stop exercising regularly. Under-representation in the sector is a priority target for Sport England. Sport England wants to develop a sport sector that welcomes everyone, meets their needs, treats them as individuals and values them as customers.
Sport England is looking to work with a range of providers who can help people stay active when their lives change, not just sports bodies and activity providers.
Examples of eligible applicants include:
- Health professionals supporting those with an injury or illness to find activity that fits their current situation.
- Colleges and universities supporting those starting a new phase of education.
- Estate agents supporting those moving house to find new activities in their local area.
The deadline for expressions of interest is 22 May 2017 (5pm).
For any questions about the core market in the meantime, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org