Local charities, community groups, organisations and schools are being encouraged to bid for up to £5,000 of proceeds of crime money, to spend on a project of their choice which will help combat unscrupulous loan sharks.
The England Illegal Money Lending Team (IMLT) have put forward multiple pots of £5,000 to fund projects that will assist in raising awareness of loan sharks, in the hope of preventing more people from falling victim of these criminals.
The team will vote on which applicants will be granted the funding to support their community project. The aim of this national scheme is to see the illegal earnings these loan sharks once made, used wisely, to benefit key areas.
Applicants are welcome to apply for the cash, to spend on any worthwhile community project which does at least one of the following:
- Contributes to raising the awareness of the dangers of using ‘loan sharks’
- Prevents crime and disorder and publicises the Stop Loan Sharks message
- Promotes the work of the Illegal Money Lending Team (IMLT) in communities
- Encourages reporting of
- Groups can apply for up to a maximum of £5,000 per project idea. Applicants can submit more than one project idea if they wish.
- For more information about this funding scheme and to receive an electronic application form, please contact LIAISE Manager Cath Williams on firstname.lastname@example.org
- loan sharks