The Woodland Trust have over 4,000 free tree packs to give away to schools, community and youth groups
Please note: for November 2016 delivery, packs of 30 saplings in a hedge or copse mix are still available for most state-funded primary (KS2) schools in England. Up to 2 packs may be requested per school.
The application form for delivery of packs of 30, 105 or 420 saplings in March 2017 is due to open on 13 September for any other schools.
Small tree packs for Community groups are now out of stock but there are other options available
To apply for a free tree pack you must be able to meet the following criteria
- Your group is not-for-profit
- The trees will be planted on a publicly accessible site
- You have permission to plant from the legal landowner
- Your community has been consulted and is supportive of the project
- There will be plenty of community involvement
- Packs are appropriate for the area
- The intended planting site isn’t too close to buildings, power lines, roads or other services
- You have identified the grid reference for the planting site