Would you like to get involved in helping Downright Special?
Downright Special is a charity which provides support to children with Down syndrome, their families and the professionals who work with them, across Hull and the East Riding of Yorkshire.
They are at an exciting time in the charity as they start to make plans for which services they want to deliver in the future.
As part of that they would like to involve more people in running the charity and shaping its future, and so are currently looking for new trustees to join the board of trustees of Downright Special
They now have a vacancy for a Secretary.
Trustees are responsible for ensuring the effective running of the charity, making sure that it complies with all its statutory requirements and ensuring it is continually working to enable people with Down syndrome in Hull and East Yorkshire attain their full potential.
Trustees are also responsible for developing the strategy for the charity, for maintaining financial controls and for promoting the charity.
The Secretary’s specific duties include:
- organising regular trustees meetings, working with the Chair to set meeting agendas, taking minutes and tracking progress on actions
- Maintaining up-to-date and accurate contact details of the families supported by the charity
- dealing with correspondence and writing letters and emails as agreed at meetings
- making arrangements for any necessary reporting to be done e.g. the annual report
- A passion for ensuring children with Down syndrome reach their full potential, are fully included in all aspects of life
- IT literate and confident in the use of emails and MS Office applications such as Word and Excel.
- Good organisational skills and ability to take accurate meeting minutes.
- Good written communication skills
- Attendance at monthly trustees meetings
- Approx. 2‐4 hours a week of own time, worked flexibly and dependant on the individual’s own availability.
How to apply – for more information please contact Gillian Bowlas on 07776 172477 or email Gillian@downrightspecial.co.uk