Reports to: Food Co-op Project Manager
Base: Fruit, Veg and More, 20 Goodwin Parade, Walker Street, Hull
Sales assistants are at the frontline of the retail environment where no two days are ever the same. You can expect to meet a whole range of people every day. So if you’ve got an outgoing personality, this is the perfect volunteering role for you.
Your main task as a Volunteer Retail Assistant is to ensure that customers have an enjoyable shopping experience and spend lots of cash so the business can keep going. And above all else – you need to be reliable and punctual.
- Welcome and advise customers (so practise your smiling)
- Ensure goods are well displayed (an organised shop is a happy shop)
- Handle payments
- Arrange ordering and delivery
- Receive deliveries from suppliers
- Keep the shop floor clean and tidy
- To take instruction and guidance from Volunteer Retail Supervisors
Please contact Human Resources on 01482 587550 or HRDept@goodwin-centre.org for a volunteer application form or for more information about the role, please contact Michael Howe on Tel: 01482 213264