- Want to build up your skills to get a better job?
- Want to have access to training?
- Want to make a difference to your community?
- Think about volunteering at TogetherWomen Project
TogetherWomen Project work with vulnerable women and girls in Yorkshire and Humberside. They work with women who are in need of accommodation, are victims of crime, who need parenting support, help with substance misuse, help to sort out financial issues, help to get a job or support with any other issues they are facing.
The work is varied and no two days are the same.
They are looking to recruit enthusiastic, reliable and motivated volunteers in admin and mentoring positions. They recruit volunteers from various backgrounds, whether they are students gaining experience or women who have experienced various issues in life and would like to ‘give something back’. Each volunteer has access to free training, travel expenses, and a full programme of support.
Although each volunteer also has to have an enhanced DBS check as part of the induction process, they welcome applications from women who have turned their lives around and want to support others to achieve the same.
- Answering the phone, door and general reception duties
- Preparing teas and coffees for training events, visitors and the women who use the services.
- Computer skills, including data input [full training given]
- Ordering stationery
- Preparing the training room for group sessions
- Preparing the timetable of events ready for publication
- Preparing bills & invoices
All volunteers will start volunteering in an admin position and then full training will be provided to develop into a volunteer mentor.
- Encouraging women to make positive changes in their lives through providing one-to-one support
- Conducting an assessment [full training given]
- Supporting women to achieve their agreed support plan goals.
- Promote women’s engagement in the centre.
- Attending appointments with women whilst they access specialist services (e.g. housing, benefits, legal advice, court, groups etc.).
The centre is open Monday to Friday 9am to 5.00pm and volunteers need to be available during those times. They will pay travel expenses and offer full training & support.
For further information or to request an application form please contact Melissa Page on 01482 218125 or email email@example.com.